Weekly Roundup: Online Tax, Digital Goods, and New State Exemptions
- Industry Insights
- January 11, 2014 | Will Frei
Six sales tax developments you need to know from this week:
- Retailers renew the push for online sales tax in 2014.
- Supporters of the Digital Goods and Services Act urge that it will protect digital commerce from unfair taxation.
- Wal-Mart may face millions in penalties for over-charging 21-cents sales tax.
- Florida and Arkansas pass new 2014 sales tax exemptions.
- Oklahoma and Arkansas pass new 2014 sales tax rates.
- Colorado and Washington lay down the law on legal marijuana tax.